dinsdag 10 oktober 2023

A promise

I met her once
maybe twice
somewhere far away
in a land of courage
and 
fallen souls

she was
a mysterie to me
and somehow
she knew me
from a far away place
where she used to stay
of which
I couldn't recollect 
its name

talking to me
taking care of me
in a pleasant way
nourishing my soul
taking away
my weariness
of my battles 
of every day

I felt so at ease
her taking care of me
she whispered me 
her name
I couldn't 
hear it too well
but understood
by the expression 
on her face

she was 
promising me
if I wanted
she would stay
be my queen
my support
in every way

I knew 
I had found the one
I was looking for
the one 
that would remain

her speech
was getting softer
her face was starting
to fade

there was 
a ring in the air
I looked around,...


it was 
a Sunday morning

as my dream
slowly disappeared
into the business
of
a new born day

(c) JR. 2023

but her speech

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten