woensdag 21 augustus 2019

Satisfied

there are times, when my heart misses a beat
and hits a minor key, when I think of all those
yesterdays, dusty and grey and I'll be lost in my
sadness

of what might have been and just not turned out
to be, 'cause something a past will never do, is
change its taken course when it has been sung
out of tune

and I have so many a time and my rope was getting
shorter ev'rytime, but that's life, getting the wrong end
of the stick was getting to be a habbit to me, someone
told me I had to quit and just let it be

and I did, I managed to get back on track, getting more
and more satisfied, with what I had, more and more
responsible for what I did and getting into old age
gave me a break

I was satisfied, not yet old still alive inside, my thoughts
will always get the better of me, I'm just hoping time will
give me something more and not give up on me too soon
even now I'll always keep coming back, still satisfied
with what I have

(c) JR. 2019

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten