zaterdag 18 november 2023

Heaven

on a lazy Sunday afternoon
as I was walking along the river
I noticed the sun low in the sky
getting near the end of the day

so peacefully, gracefully dying
at that moment I became restful
burdens carried on my shoulders
seemed to leave me for a while

I sensed suddenly, nature took a rest
it took its time, leisurely came the night
and I melted down with the Universe
exploring the stars, lighting up the sky

a calm had fallen upon me at midnight
I was alone, at peace, down by the riverside
I realised this was really the way to live
took a deep breath, feeling so right

the water calmly broke on the banks
hear the cricket play its song at dawn
a rowboat was lying there on its side
I rolled it over and set out on the river

I never felt so at ease rowing the boat
my worries had dropped into the river
slowly I was getting there
to my little heaven
and when I reached it, I recognised it

it was early in the morning at dawn
I returned to the bank of the river
left the boat where it belonged
and walked back through the village

I had changed into another man
finally I had found the pace of life
I was never to carry burdens again
they had vanished at midnight
on...

the river.


(c) JR. 2013

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten