maandag 11 juni 2018

The Score



empty, is how I feel
empty, where it hurts
can feel the pain
when I see her again
comin' through that door

I just don't seem to take it
as well as I did before my
armour is showin' its fatigue
my strenght is gettin' weak

a battle has not yet been won
I must hold on as long as I can
take it for another run  and
I'm feelin' empty

tired of playin' that same
ol' game over an' over again
but I must go on see the settin'
of yet another sun

it will be many days an' nights
'till again she will arrive
an' she knows I'll be waitin'

like all those years before
she'll stay, laugh an' play
'till emptiness hits back
when she has left

with it dies my laugh
I just don't seem to take it
as well as I did before
how long must this go on
'till I can settle the score

(c) JR. Eightees

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten