vrijdag 22 februari 2019

Empty

empty is how I feel
empty is where it hurts
can feel the pain
when I see her again
going through that door

just don't seem to take it
as well as I did before
my armour is showing fatigue
my strenght is getting weak
a battle has not yet been won

I must hold on as long as I can
take it for another run
and I'm feelin' empty

tired of playin' that same old game
over and over again
but I nmust go on see the setting
of yet another sun

it will be many days and nights
'till again she will arrive
and she knows I'll be waiting
like all those years before

she'll stay laugh and play
'till emptiness hits back
when she has left
with it dies my laugh

I just don't seem to take it
as well as I did before
how long must this go on
'till I can settle the score

(c) JR.  eightees

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten