zondag 16 augustus 2020

Takin' it easy

 and I'm taking it easy

lying low in the shadow of my thoughts

thinking of you in that new morning of our past

hoping I'll find us a peace in which you and me

can have more than a promise in life much more

we can ever forget


knowing, hoping searching for a way

finding a way, finding again what we once had

in which we laughed, loved yet never cried 

yes, we were only living the good times


 and now I'm taking it easy

lying low in the shadow of my thoughts

thinking of you, wondering how I can get to you

so far away, so far out of range, so lost in your memories

of a past almost dead and gone and a future that didn't last


and I'm hoping, searching for a way

to leave that past behind bringing it up to you

into a new morning where we can wonder again

and find a way to live and not forget there's always

a way in which we can find each other in a promise

of a future that will last


and I'm taking it easy


(c) JR. 2020

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten