zaterdag 30 september 2023

The road

so, I finally found you     (Man)
on this road
waiting for me
looking for shelter
looking 
for some warm hay
and I know
we will walk this road together
this road you chose to step on
every step, you will ever take

and  our journey     (woman)
wil it be long
will it be all of the way

I don't know            (Man)
this road  
it has no promise

I will be there          (Woman)
as long as you need me
as long as you're here
as long as you stay
it will be all of the way

it will not always be  (Man)
a bed of roses
there will be thorns
there wil be obstacles
but as long as love guides us
life's confrontations 
won't throw us
won't take us down
in any way

so when our days        (Woman)
have been lived
and our steps
have been satisfied
into their silence
our journey
will have come
to an end

yes..                            (Man)
and this road will see
no more reason
to count our steps
and pave our way 
again

(c) JR. 2022



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten