zondag 4 februari 2018

Statements


the wonder that love is
makes me smile
makes me sigh
makes me cry
the wonder that love is


toeteren, bellen en blazen
gebeurt allemaal ineen
want ze hebben je te grazen

blaas je en hij knapt
is dat verdacht
dat doen ze goed
want je was onder invloed

I can write about love
and all the rest
yet never went to bed
imagination is what I have

was je wel eens in Drunen
kan je kilometers turen naar
wat er niet was

wat kost meer
een pond liefde
of een pond verveling

remembering the past
is not my way to spend an evening
'cause you're it and I don't want to look
back

ze was bijna mooi
ze kon lachen als een verzopen
vlooi

zo klein oh zo teer
was die luis in je hemd dit
keer

a woman can kill with so much
as a breath of love
a woman can kill with a look
love with an embrace cry
in the shade

lips so moist an tender
so in love again
I can feel you comin'
in your own special way

as it has always been
ev'ry now and then
she takes a drop of water
and drinks it

tastin' the  purity
and simpleness she needs
now comin' my way
purity reaches me
promissing me its seed

de zon had de aarde geaait
een ras werd weg gevaagd
de bol herstelde snel alleen
de mens was uitgeteld

a song has been sung
will never be sung again
its words are on my lips
someday I might whistle it
somebody might recognise it
and sing it

je was er niet bij
je zult er nooit bij zijn
want we zijn je kwijt

twintig jaar in het huis
waar je word bewaard
heeft een vreemdeling
van je gemaakt

in de luwte lach een schip
gek van blijdschap dat de
storm dat niet wist

a house with seven rooms
slept in ev'ryone of them
never saw dust swept by
a broom

love is a sacred thing
it is not easy to find
and harder to keep

night's like a cloak
wrapping 'round my body
taking me away, angels can fly

I'm waiting for the morning
I know it comes...sometimes

Love's something you get
with your sigarettes, on the
side the government tells you
it's bad

your tongue is like a sword
cutting in all the wrong places

it was a rose that took away my love
and left her thorn...in my heart

a soul is like a flower in the but
a  soul is like a flower opening up


(c) JR.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten