dinsdag 17 april 2018

My place




I know this is where I'll die
somethin' tells me this place
I found will be where I'll end
my life

it's a beautifull place
so peacefull it has no lies
as far as I can see this place
is true to me

it's what I want
this place is somethin'
like a fantasy an' more
a wish to rest my weary
bones

to get away from the world
let it leave me near a dyin' fire
wine flowin' close to an early
mornin'

where birds can sing
an' noise is in retreat
my place as it is is not
much but mine to live

as long as it can it will protect me
shelter me from an aging storm that
will get to me when I'm ready

yet 'till I die I will live in
such a way it would drive
'man' insane in a surge I'd
take it all an' finally when
I drop I'll whisper under my
breath 'it wasn't all that bad'

in a beautifull place
so peacefull it had no lies
this place true to me is what
I wanted my need

where I took a last stand
I did it well nobody knew
'till I fell in this beautifull
place so true to me under
my breath I'll whisper

'it was my need to have
those walls around me'
my place as it stands


(c) JR. 1985




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten