zondag 23 december 2018

Leavin' is all I do

leavin'' on the Midnight train
not knowin where I'm going to
I say goodbye to all the yesterdays
because my tomorrows never do

an' I'm tavellin' light
as I always do when I'm leavin'
leavin'  a woman in a past now
gone dusty an' grey

I'm on my way I look ahead into
the distance of a new tomorow as
I allways do when I'm leavin' 'cause
leavin' yes leavin' is all I do

and I'm leavin'on the Midnight train
not knowin' where I'm goin' to I say
goodbye to all my yesterdays 'cause
that's what yesterdays allways do

an I'm travellin' on into my new tomorrow
where I'll meet my yesterday again as I'm
leavin on the Midnight train leavin' my woman
leavin' her my yesterday...

 'cause leavin' is all I ever do

(c) JR. 2016

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten