zondag 7 juli 2019

Life

I'm standing here
right out of the blue
in a ray of light
don't know what to do
don't believe in life anymore

but I've got to hang on
just for the sake of livin'
must get through this
it will cease to excist
but it'll take time
I flip a dime

time will be all mine
my life is like a shell
hollow and empty
getting drowned
by a sea of emotion
thrust upon a shore
barely alive

I will recover
I will crawl to freedom
and take it by its tail
I will shake it
be once more
in the running again
get rid of my pain
that grabs me
again and again
I want to get rid of
and be whole again

I'm downcast
thrown unto the ground
I crawl around
where is my way out
always in myself
got to do it myself
to be whole again

I'll take my stand
be back on the edge
work my way back
and ask myself
what do I want from this life
it's not much, some sanity
to live on in peace
and lie under the appletree
thinkin', this life
it is to be

(c) JR. eightees

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten