dinsdag 25 februari 2020

With me

wherever you go
wherever you are
I'll be there
you'll be there
waiting for me
waiting for it to happen
to bring us together
to go all the way
not to hesitate
yet never to hate

but keep it all in the heart
in the mind, in the soul
we were whole
nothing can take away
nothing can change the day
I met you, cherished you
envied you
for the beauty you had
all of it you shared
with me

with me
only with me
you shared
all you had
without regret
your soul lay bare
for me to care
and keep always
you never questioned me
you trusted me
you were a leaf
floating on the wind
carried to me
to find
to bring home
with me

and you stayed
never complained
never could I fail
in your eyes I was great
we had a lifelong date
I'm so glad for what we have
what we've got
seems to be enough for us
not to be blown away
not to float away
to another place
you stayed
found your tree agian
to celebrate
our union
that took place
and you stayed
never complained
you stayed
with me

(c) JR. eightees-ninetees l

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten