vrijdag 26 januari 2018

carried burdens


on a lazy Sunday afternoon
as I was walking along the river
I noticed the sun low in the sky
getting near the end of the day

so peacefull, gracefulle dying
at that moment I became restful
burdens, carried on my shoulders
seemed to leave me for a while

I sensed suddenly, nature took a rest
it took its time, leisurely came the night
and I melted down with the Universe
exploring the stars, lighting up the sky

a calm had fallen upon me at midnight
I was alone, at peace down by the riverside
I realised, this was really the way to live
took a deep breath feeling so right

the water, calmly broke on to the banks
I heard the cricket play its song
a rowboat was lying there on its side
rolled it over and set out on the river

I never  felt so at ease rowing the boat
my worries had dropped into the rriver
slowly I was getting there to my little heaven
and when I reached it I recognised it

it was early in the morning at dawn
I returned to the bank of the river

left the boat in the place where it belonged
and...
walked the path back through the village

finally I had found the pace of life
never was I to carry burdens again
they had vanished at midnight on
the river


(c) JR.    2013

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten