vrijdag 31 augustus 2018

At Dawn


I feel air 
touch my fingers 
spread over my body 
notice my age
blood rushin' 
through my veins 
almost awake
at dawn

my dreams 
fly away
respiration grows
I sense the world 
returnin' to me 
suddenly I move
open my eyes
commit my life 
to the world
at dawn

I'm yet 
unable to rise
night's 
clingin' like a cloak 
I shake it, shape it, fold it 
throw it away
I'm alive 
at dawn

I see the walls 
that surround me
so familiar
so trustin' 
in their need 
to protect me 
from reality 
closin' in 
at dawn

I bathe
water trickles 
down my spine 
it's pleasant 
a freshness within
dressin' with care
one glance 
in the mirror

it's all there
at dawn
ready for a new day
its challenges
its surprises
its disappointments,
its difficulties 
its beauty

born 
from the womb
dawn is

(c) JR. 2015


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten