donderdag 26 september 2019

No man's land

I've been there for so long
time flies into my yesterdays
must be years ago I came in a land
that never knew hay

no beauty as far as I can see
here an' there the odd appletree
no homestead at all only two walls
to guard it all

it's hard to believe, I here did find my peace
from a world forever at war, this place to me
is unigue

a place where the odd stranger comes running
before a storm bringin' bullets and rain, I help
him beat this storm

help him to a place out of the rain, where he thinks
home is not far away, where he thinks it has a bed to
sleep, where its stairs do not run steep

just I know where he'd rather be, safest place on earth
is right here, in 'no man's land' an everlasting peace
where the occaisional bullet is released

where nobody wants to be and the skies are clear
where I drink a quiet beer, I'm at ease here, livin'
close to those walls, where they can't see me

can't get me into their sight, where I live, stay
alive, I love my 'no man's land', a land nobody
claims, in my heart it has no rain

(c) JR.  eightees


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten