zondag 1 september 2019

Time's on my side

as the night comes into sight
I turn to pour myself a drink, it's a precious moment
I know what I will see, the good times of my yesterday's
at the threshold of sleep

a drink does it all to me and yes life's been good to me
before I know it happens, all are in front of me smiling
sitting 'round the fire, burning lazily

remembering those years, I do recall, wish they'd come
come near, I can name ev'ry face, know all their tales
I put down my head and try to get a rest

and I'm so very happy, they're the memories I try to have
and stay, I;m not old yet not young, but got years enough
to have those dreams now and then and relive the good
times again

all my loves are there, so much we still share
they talk to me all night, so very happy to slip
back into time

it's what I live for, having those dreams, see them
all again, I know , can;t leave it, must see them
ev'ry time, they're my relatives, they keep me alive

and yes, it's been a good drink, have slept all night
I try to waken, yet there is no change, they're still
here, is this fiction, reality, am I still alive, actually
I don't care, I've got time on my side

(c) JR. eightees

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten