woensdag 23 oktober 2019

An old love

she crept up on me while I was sleeping
started about what once had been, I sensed
something was wrong, I knew I had to find her

would I know if I saw her, would the years not 
keep her away from me, I got up, still wondering
about her, with guestions at the back of my mind

I couldn't answer any of them, she had dropped
out of sight since a long time, her trail had run cold
there was nothing left to see, all I could do was
dig it up, at its roots she might be

I was getting near, so very close when I read this
ad in the paper and its news was bad, all it said was
I could stop digging, I could stop thinking of ever
finding her

now I've got all the answers and none of them
I like, it now is a never ending story, they take
a long time to die

(c) JR. 2019

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten