zondag 21 oktober 2018

My Place

I know, this is where I'll die
somethin' tells me, this place
I found

will be where I'll end my life
it's a beautifull place, so peacefull
it has no lies

as far as I can see, this place, it will
be true to me, it's what I want this
place

is something, like a fantasy or more
a wish to rest my weary bones, to get
away from the world

let it leave me, near a dyin' fire, wine
flowin' close to an early morning where
birds can sing

an' noise is in retreat, my place as it is
is not much but mine to live, as long
as I can

it will protect me, shelter me from an
aging storm, that will get to me when
I'm ready

yet, 'till I die, I will live in such a way
it will drive 'Man' insane, in a surge
I will take it all

an' finally when I drop, I will whisper
under my breath: 'it wasn't all that bad'
in a beautifull place

so peacfull it has no lies, this place
true to me, is what I wanted, my need
to have

where I took a last stand, I did it well
nobody knew, 'till I fell, in this beautifull
place

so true to me, and under my breath I'll
whisper, ' it was my need to  have those
walls around me

'My Place', as it stands

(c) JR. 1985

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten