dinsdag 2 oktober 2018

Dark glasses


when I slide 
my dark glasses on
in my bright lit room
everything
seems to change 
into 
a warm old
friendly brown

there are many 
shades of light 
mine
to be shade of twilight 
when I leave
my bright lit surroundings

I return to
that old friendly 
brown world,
and running 
like a mad dog
I slide them on
those dark brown 
shades

they will take me 
into that new world
where music
women an' wine 
are 
the benefitting trade

stay there a while 
if you like 
enjoy it to the most 
if you know how 
make
yourself at home

stay awake 
in the midst of night 
hear
the sound of laughter 
caress the walls
of 
your surroundings

your the talk
of the town 
many faces
wear a frown 
of what you might 
be doing
in the little hours 
of the tranquil night

you're invited to take 
a deeper insight
they all  wear 
the same glasses 
they're all hear 
for a good time

they don't expect you 
to go 
before daylight 
so sing a little, talk a little
kiss a little

and do take 
your time 
in the zone 
of twilight 
and when you go home 
take of the shades

it'll take you back 
to the room you
came from
it'll take you back 
to
your reality again

(c) JR. 2018

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten