vrijdag 19 oktober 2018

Freshness of yesterday


the rain's hitin' me with respect
it's a summer rain, it isn't wet coolin'
me down, way out of town

in a field where the only noise's is
buzzin' bees, takin'it home as I do
when I'm with her alone

in these woods, the field knows it's
bein' used, it doesn't mind it comes
to bloom

takin' me an' Sally far away into the
colours of the day, an' we don't mind
we've got time

to lay down, be surprised, by the freshness
of it all, our green wall will never come down
will never decay

we don't intend to stay, takin' it home
as to remind summerdays in their prime
where nothin' was lost

with so much to give, little did we take
it didn't break the freshness of our
yesterday




                                                            (c) JR. 80 -tees photo JR.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten