zondag 1 juli 2018

Summer of 2018



It's warm, warmer than warm, hotter than hot
my house's my shadow, under siege by an all
day long, undisturbed, cold and heartless glow

and yet...

my house's my house, it's loyal to me and
it will resist, won't give up its cool shield
protecting me from a power laying siege to it, 
day by day

and it will evade its reign and I ask myself
how much of life will be left after such a day
and then this heat calls it a day and leaves it up
to the night to come and give us a breather for a change

and yet.. 





the heat it knows, it knows what's been left behind
will still be hot enough to stay away from and hide
and I, I rise from my shadow into a new one, "the night'

it is then, I hear nature calling for me, she's thirsty
as she is ev'ry night and I, I bear her water, and more an more water
refreshing her thirst, 'cause she relies on me to pull her through
as long as it takes even if it seems in vain

(c) JR. 2018

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten