maandag 3 september 2018

Committed


somewhere at a certain space in time
walls were brought down and its emotions
became loose cannons firing all up and down
the line

they were connecting souls, something rare
with commom sense out of controll, and yet...
we did commit, we became a union a beginning

stretching as far as we would see fit, what we
didn't know, didn't need was I coming back out
of a nothingness, in trouble knee deep

it cost me my happiness, she wanted me to leave but
in the end she made me a promise I couldn't keep
my hurt was that deep

and the fool in me rejected her last plea, laying
her and mine excistence on the line and yes I
payed the price for letting it slide,

many years now have gone by I not lost her only
then but my entire life, I've looked for her, I tried
and what I found made me realise

there was no going back, she'd gone out of my
days and time but my commitment is still there
is all I've left

and will still be there when times collide

(c) JR. 2018

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten