zondag 23 september 2018

Satisfied


there are the times my heart misses a beat
and hits a minor key, when I think of all those
yesterdays dusty an' grey, and I'll be lost in my
sadness

of what might have been, an' just turned out not to be,
'cause one thing a past will never do is, change its taken
course when is has been sung out of tune

and I have so many a time, and my rope was getting
shorter ev'rytime, but that's life, getting the wrong end
of the stick was getting to be a habit to me, someone told
me I had to quit and just let it be

and I did, I managed to get back on track, getting more
an' more satisfied with what I had, more an' more responsible
for what I did and said,, getting into old age gave me a break

I was satisfied, yet not old but still alive inside, my thoughts
will always get the better of me, just hoping time will give me
some more an' not give up too soon on me, even now, I'll always
be comin' back satisfied with what I have

(c) JR. 2018

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten