zaterdag 22 september 2018

A valid reason


walkin' down the streets of my youth
lookin' here an' there  and ev'rywhere
tryin' to find something old not new

laughter an' pain come to my mind
yesterday's not always a good thing
to look for an' find

'cause your pain might be waitin' there
an' might have become more than you'd
ever thought you'd find

so does this quest of mine, does it have
a valid reason to continue or should I just
let it be an' get on with life

I think if I saw reason an' I do, it's time
to quit while I'm ahead an' let others decide
if they have it in them

to see reason an' then if they do reach out
for you, thing's they might not be in time
the offer might have been withdrawn

by somethin' so futile an' unreasonable...
as time

(c) JR. 2018

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten